Lying along the southern coast of Turkey, Alanya is a gorgeous beach resort favoured by families and couples. Picture sun-soaked sands, historical sites, and adventurous excursions on your Alanya holidays.
Things to Do in Alanya
- Treat yourself to a Turkish bath. Head to a Haman for a steam, massage, and scrub, before topping up your tan on Alanya’s beautiful beaches.
- Pay a visit to Dim Cave to see the beautifully illuminated stalactites, gorgeous grottos, and underground lakes – bring a camera.
- Spend a day at the Alanya Aquapark. With 24 water slides, wave pools and lazy rivers, the Aquapark is favourite day trip for families.
- Cruise the Green Canyon. Sail through the emerald waters lined with breath-taking cliffs, lush forests and crystal waterfalls, on a boat tour of the Green Canyon.
Best Time to Visit
Apr-Oct: when the weather is hot and dry, however June to August is peak season and temperatures can reach above 30° which may be too hot for some holidaymakers. Alanya weather experiences the hot, dry summers and mild winters typical of a Mediterranean climate.
Expect occasional rainfall from November to February, however temperatures tend to mild at around 11°.
Take a trip around the last weekend in May for the Alanya International Culture and Art Festival which seeks to promote forgotten or lost traditions through street exhibitions and shows.
Why We Love It“Alanya is a great beach destination for both families and adults. The beaches are fantastic but there’s also lots of activities. I recommend water rafting – it’s a lot of fun!”
Andre Migliarina, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback: 1
- Excellent Approval Rating: 33.33%