Lying along the Aegean Sea, Bodrum is a resort favoured by celebrities. With its sun-drenched beaches, glitzy resorts, crumbling ruins, and vine-laced Old Town, Bodrum holidays are always impressive.
Things to Do in Bodrum
- Discover Bodrum’s breath-taking beaches. We love Bitez Beach, however it can be quiet crowded during the summer months, so try Hurma Sahili, in some ways it’s even better.
- History buffs should check out the Castle of St. Peter. Built in the 15th Century, this castle homes an interesting past. Be sure to visit the Museum of Underwater Archaeology located in the castle’s halls.
- Go for a stroll around the Old Town. Narrow alleyways lined with whitewashed houses and stone cottages covered in bougainvillea, Bodrum’s Old Town belongs on a postcard.
- Shop for bargains at Bodrum’s bazaar. The prices are more fixed than other Turkish markets, so this bazaar is great for travellers who dislike haggling.
Best Time to Visit
Apr-May: Would probably be the best time to visit Bodrum, when the weather is gorgeous but there are fewer crowds. Bodrum weather boasts the hot, dry summers and mild winters associated with a Mediterranean climate.
Summers last from June to September with temperatures of 25-29° – this is also high season. November to March is cooler with temperatures of about 13°, and the occasional rainy day.
Visit late July to early August to check out the Bodrum Festival. Held at the castle each year, this summertime soiree features live music and lots of entertainment.
Why We Love It“Bodrum is a beautiful beach getaway. It’s also very near the airport so you don’t have a long transfer time between landing and checking in.”
Jodie Geoghegan, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback: 5,246
- Excellent Approval Rating: 99.00%
Thanks so much