Resting on the borders of two continents, Turkey is one of Europe’s most exotic holiday destinations. Brimming with gorgeous beaches, bustling bazaars, and steamy spas, Turkey holidays are unforgettable.
Things to Do in Turkey
- Spend a day or two exploring Istanbul. Shop for bargains at the Grand Bazaar, tour the magnificent Blue Mosque, and after head to a hamam – Turkish bath – to really relax.
- Hand-woven Turkish carpets, copper pots, olive oil, local spices, and lokum (Turkish delight) all make fantastic souvenirs. Turkish markets are easy to find, you'll probably hear them long before you see them!
- Discover the surreal “fairy chimneys” of Cappadocia. Turkey’s undeniably unusual landscape is best viewed from a hot-air balloon ride.
- Unwind on golden shores. Turkey is famous for its beautiful beaches, so be sure to spend some time along the coast. Drop by Pamucak Beach near Kusadasi – it’s our favourite!
Best Time to Visit
May-June or Sep-Oct: The best time to book your Turkey holidays depends very much on the region, as the weather can vary between different areas. Istanbul and Cappadocia would be best in either spring or autumn, although Cappadocia can be very pretty in December.
Coastal areas are generally great to visit most of the year, however December to February can be rainy, and July and August can get very hot, so plan your Turkey holidays accordingly.
You should note that Turkey is a Muslim country and observes Ramadan. So be warned that restaurants and cafes may either be closed for the month, or operating reduced hours.
Take a trip to Istanbul in May for the International Puppet Festival. Watch puppets from all over the world gather for this celebration featuring a selection dazzling performances – bound to impress children and adults alike.
Visit Istanbul around June or July for the Efes Pilsen One Love Festival. Two days of rock, pop, folk and electronica performances from both local and international acts, and of course continuous summertime sunshine.
Why We Love It“I love planning holidays to Turkey, it's a really unique destination. Istanbul is brilliant, the markets are amazing for shopping for bargains.”
Andre Migliarina, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback: 10,486
- Excellent Approval Rating: 97.00%