Sitting on the edges of two Continents, Turkey’s capital is loaded with mosques, museums, and markets. Discover ancient Byzantium, classic Constantinople, and cosmopolitan Istanbul on your Istanbul holidays.
Things to Do in Istanbul
- Tour the enchanting city sights. Our top picks are the Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque, and the Topkapi Palace. All are bound to impress history buffs and lovers of beautiful buildings alike.
- Haggle for bargains at the famous Grand Bazaar where you’ll find everything from Turkish carpets and crafted lamps, to leather bags and modern clothing. It’s huge, so bring a map.
- Sample the delicious street food. Grab a falafel or kebab from a vendor while touring the city. Or if you’d rather upgrade to a sit-down restaurant, we recommend Çiya Sofrasi.
- Sip cocktails with a view at 360 Istanbul. Few night-time activities surpass admiring a glittering city skyline from a rooftop bar, and 360 Istanbul is our favourite.
Best Time to Visit
Sep-Oct: Less crowds, less rain and often lower prices. Istanbul can get exceptionally high temperatures in the summer, but they should stay around 20-25°C if you travel a bit later.
Istanbul weather boasts hot summers with average temperatures of around 23°C. This is however, also peak season so expect crowds and higher prices.
Shopaholics should head to the Istanbul Shopping Fest in June for extended opening hours and discounts across numerous city malls and boutiques.
Art lovers should check out the Istanbul Biennial. Usually held from September to November, the Biennial features various exhibitions of contemporary artworks throughout the city.
Why We Love It“Istanbul offers amazing city breaks. The markets are incredible, you can get anything there. Rooted in both continents, the city is a must-see for anyone interested in ancient European and Asian history.”
Andre Migliarina, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback: 4
- Excellent Approval Rating: 33.33%