Active Italian Lakes
Pamper the appetite and treat the senses on this exquisite journey through Italyâs Lake District and the staggering peaks of Switzerlandâs St. Moritz. Stroll the forested paths around Lakes Como and Garda, unwind through the Dolomite highlands and just keep whetting and sating that appetite with classic Italian delicacies. Ferry to and fro between lake villages and villas that keep getting prettier, and clamber about the crumbling ruins of medieval castles. Idyllic in setting, laid-back in lifestyle, and a gastronomistâs delight, this jaunt through one of Europeâs most charming nooks shouldnât disappoint. And if it does, take the issue up with one of the local residents â like Sting or George Clooney.
- Ride the rails through St Moritzâs staggering mountain scenery on the Bernina Express. The region is home to alpine forests, fast-flowing rivers and Eastern Switzerlandâs highest summit, the Piz Bernina
- Spend a day exploring the beautiful villages, estates and gardens dotted around Lake Como, criss-crossing the lake by ferry. Taking a turn about the grounds of Bellagio's grand Villa Melzi can make you feel just a bit fancy, then see the shore from the vantage point of your kayak
- It may be eaten all over the world, but Italy really knows how to do pasta. Indulge in ambrosial Italian fare in Tirano, famous for pizzoccheri, a type of tagliatelle cooked with potatoes, cabbage and cheese
- Explore Lake Garda's shore in the saddle of your bike and discover remains of WWI
- Enjoy a picnic perched atop Mount Grona.
- Indulge in some ambrosial Italian fare in Tirano.
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||16||Duration||8 days|
|Themes||Walking & Trekking, Explorer|
|Category||Silver||The classic small group tour, with some included activities and staying at reasonably priced accommodation.|