Antarctic Express: Fly the Drake
Take the fast track to that vast, frost-bitten wilderness at the South Pole. From Punta Arenas, fly over the infamously choppy waters of the Drake Passage to King George Island, and hop aboard a ship bound for the frozen wonderland. Cruise between towering icebergs floating in iridescent blue seas, and feel the thrill of catching the first glimpses of Antarctica's icy shoreline. Over the next four days, explore this continent blanketed with snow and ice – perhaps learning about the fascinating geology and history of the region from expert guides, spot whales and seals cavorting in the Southern Ocean or make friends with penguins on windswept beaches. No two expeditions are the same, but the magic of Antarctica will infect all those adventurous enough to travel to the end of the earth.
- Your adventure begins in the most populated city in Patagonia, Punta Arenas. There are plenty of museums, restaurants and shops to keep you entertained before embarkation
- Flying from Punta Arenas to the South Shetland Islands is the fastest, most direct way of travelling to Antarctica and the view over the Drake Passage is unforgettable
- Witness penguins playing in their natural habitat at inland rookeries during daily Zodiac landings along the Antarctic Peninsula
- On-board lectures by polar specialists provide great insight in to the history and geology of Antarctica
- Whale spotting among icebergs is easy when you have your expedition team searching for wildlife. Daily Zodiac landings afford the group great flexibility and opportunity during your time in the Antarctic
- This all-encompassing trip includes everything you need for peace of mind on your journey, such as your return flights from Puntas Arenas to the South Shetland Islands, pre-expedition hotel accommodation, transfers to and from your ship, full meals and drinks on-board (including complimentary house wine, beer and spirits), waterproof expedition boots for shore landings (on loan) and emergency evacuation insurance.
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||132||Duration||8 days|
|Themes||Wildlife, Polar, Wildlife|
|Category||Gold||Trips for those who want a tonne of inclusions, better standard accommodation, larger roomier vehicles.|