Best of Cambodia
Experience the best of Cambodia on a journey to the heart of the country and get to know the people, landscape, customs and cuisine that make Cambodia so incredible. Travel to the French-colonial elegance of Battambang and on to the time-worn grandeur of Angkor Wat. Travel to Cambodia's remote south to discover the magical country of the Khmers. Along the way, spice up the adventure with temple sunsets, get a glimpse at Cambodia's brutal history and escape to idyllic beach getaways. Indulge in heritage and culture on this fascinating tour through the best of Cambodia.
- In just 2 weeks, this comprehensive journey around Cambodia will take you from the countryâs main highlights to lesser-visited spots; places that take you into daily Cambodian life, like small cottage industries in the beautiful countryside surrounding Battambang
- A homestay in the village of Sambor Prei Kuk puts you right in the heart of rural life in Cambodia
- Get an insight into Cambodian cuisine with a visit to famous pepper plantations outside of Kampot
- Beach-lovers rejoice! Two days in Sihanoukville is your chance to discover secluded sweeps of sand on paradise-like islands
- Discover contrasting sides to Cambodiaâs history with included visits to Phnom Penhâs Tuoi Sieng Genocide Museum (S21) and Choeung Ek, and the incredible structures and history of Angkor Wat
- Take a dip in seaside Sihanoukville
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||16||Duration||14 days|
|Themes||Explorer, Make a Difference, Once Upon a Time, Showstoppers|
|Category||Silver||The classic small group tour, with some included activities and staying at reasonably priced accommodation.|
Day 1 - Phnom Penh
Day 2 - Phnom Penh
Day 3 - Battambang
Day 4 - Battambang
Day 5 - Siem Reap
Notes: Between April and August, when water levels are typically at their lowest, we are unable to travel by boat and instead make this journey by mini bus. So that our Intrepid travellers at this time don't miss out on the Tonle Sap experience, we instead include a boat tour of Tonle Sap from Siem Reap.
Day 6 - Siem Reap / Angkor Wat
Day 7 - Siem Reap / Angkor Wat
Day 8 - Sambor Prei Kuk / Homestay
Notes: We stay in the one room in multishare accommodation. Depending on the group size, we may use two homestays that are located close to each other. There will be a thin mattress on the floor, with pillow provided and mosquito net. The bathroom facilities will be shared and will often consist of a squat style toilet and a washing area. The washing area may be a shower or it could be Asia-style with a bucket shower. This is when there will be a large bucket of water with a small scoop that you use to poor water over yourself. Towels will be provided for you to use for washing. For passengers wanting a little more comfort we recommend bringing your own towel and extra pillow.