Best of Mexico
Cheers a margarita glass to the vivacious beauty and fiery flavours of Mexico. Discover the culture and landscapes of this fascinating country on a trip that takes you from Mexico City to Play del Carmen â with a spattering of enticing stops along the way. Discover Maya history and culture at the incredible Chichen Itza ruins, and visit traditional communities in the charming San Cristobal de las Casas. Indulge in a feast of delicious local food, with a chance to learn some cooking skills of your own. And snorkel in the brilliant Caribbean waters, laze on white sands and stroll through lively marketplaces. Waterfalls and volcanoes await you, and a host of museums, churches and archaeological sites give you a taste of Mexicoâs rich cultural heritage.
TRIP CHANGES FOR 2017:
The itinerary of this trip will change from 1 February 2017.
In order to improve our trips we regularly review feedback from past travellers and our local operations team. As a result of that process, in 2017 weâll make the following changes to this itinerary:
Puebla will be a stop en-route to Oaxaca.
We will fly from Oaxaca to San Cristobal de las Casas (enabling us to drop an overnight stop in Tehuantepec) and
We will remove the overnight stop in Campeche.
These changes will enable us to spend more time in highlight destinations, including Mexico City, Oaxaca and Playa del Carmen.
The overall itinerary will look like this:
Day 1 Mexico City
Day 2 Mexico City
Day 3 Teotihuacan / Mexico City
Day 4 Puebla / Oaxaca
Day 5 Oaxaca
Day 6 Oaxaca
Day 7 San Cristobal de las Casas
Day 8 San Cristobal de las Casas
Day 9 Palenque
Day 10 Palenque Ruins / Merida
Day 11 Merida
Day 12 Chichen Itza / Playa del Carmen
Day 13 Playa del Carmen
Day 14 Tulum / Playa del Carmen
Day 15 Playa del Carmen
- This is one of our most comprehensive adventures in Mexico, rich in historical and cultural highlights
- Get up close and personal with the country's diverse heritage, from the magnificent Aztec temples of Teotihuacan to the brightly-dressed Maya folk of the hills of San Cristobal
- There's something for everyone on this trip, whether you're a history buff, nature-lover or Epicurean
- Compare Mexico City's heady street-food scene to the subtler fare found in Oaxaca
- Your adventure culminates in rest and relaxation. The white sands and azure waters of Playa Del Carmen are the perfect excuse to extend your stay in Mexico
- Swim in the crystal Caribbean waters
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||12||Duration||15 days|
|Category||Gold||Trips for those who want a tonne of inclusions, better standard accommodation, larger roomier vehicles.|