Visit Africa and travel through Botswana, Namibia and Zimbabwe on a tour from Windhoek to Victoria Falls. Embark on a journey through bountiful Botswana, rich in natural beauty, thrilling wildlife encounters and fun local interaction. Experience exciting game drives, enjoy life aboard a houseboat, see ancient rock art and feel the power of Victoria Falls. Botswana is a captivating country full of vibrant energy and welcoming people; with slices of Namibia and Zimbabwe also included, this comfortable trip is a nature-lover's dream.
- Spend 2 nights on a houseboat as your base for exploring the Okavango Delta
- Drive through the Elephant Highway between Nata & Kasane
- Relax on a sunset cruise along the Chobe River spotting bird life and hippos and watch the sunset with a sundowner in hand
- Feel the raw power of mighty Victoria Falls
- Learn more about the Kalahari from the knowledgeable San people as they sing and dance by the campfire
- Head out on a morning game drive in open 4WDs in the Chobe National Park
- Explore the Makgadikgadi Pans; scenery, sundowners, Baobabs and Meerkats!
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||13||Duration||10 days|
|Category||Gold||Trips for those who want a tonne of inclusions, better standard accommodation, larger roomier vehicles.|
Day 1 - Windhoek
The old German colonial town of Windhoek has been blended into a modern city. The German architecture of the older buildings lends the town a historic atmosphere. Good examples of this German architecture can be seen in a number of buildings, but the best are the Tintenpalast (Ink Palace), the Christuskirche (church), the gymnasium and the Genossenschaftshaus.
This evening you may wish to join the rest of the group for an optional welcome dinner.
If you're interested in seeing a little more of Namibia before you head off on your Botswana Adventure, why not consider our Namibia Dunes Shortbreak (UBAS-C). The shortbreak starts and finishes in Windoek and gives you an opportunity to discover one of the most incredible landscapes in Namibia when you pay a visit to the barren dunes of Soussusvlei.
Day 2 - Ghanzi/Central Kalahari
Day 3 - Okavango Delta
This evening head to the deck where your captain will serve dinner, enjoy a sundowner, and listen to the sound of the Hippos along the waters edge.