Cambodia & Vietnam Discovery
The best of Cambodia and Vietnam is unveiled on this journey from Phnom Penh to Hanoi. Discover the region's culture and beauty as we visit the stunning ancient temples of Angkor, and be immersed in Vietnam's markets and vibrant streets. Add to the adventure an overnight boat stay on Halong Bay, friendly locals and lots of scrumptious food - the only thing left to do is choose when to go.
- Immerse yourself in the rich historic and cultural heritage of Cambodia and Vietnam.
- By paying homage to ancient Angkor, you will one of the world's greatest archaeological treasures
- Visiting Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) and Hanoi, you will uncover that vibrant mix of the various major influences.
- Hoi An and Halong Bay unveil places of eternal beauty that have played their part in Vietnam's history.
- Stay in comfortable standard hotels, centrally located with all the city highlights right on your doorstep
- This trip takes in the major highlights with included flights, you’ll have maximum time in each location and avoid long travel days.
- Dine at the Friends restaurant in Phomn Penh, and KOTO in Hanoi, to not only taste delicious local food but also supporting organisations promoting and protecting disadvantaged local children
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||12||Duration||13 days|
|Category||Gold||Trips for those who want a tonne of inclusions, better standard accommodation, larger roomier vehicles.|
Day 1 - Phnom Penh
Notes: Please provide us with your flight arrival details at least 14 days prior to departure in order to arrange the transfer. If you can't arrange a flight that will arrive in time, you may wish to arrive a day early so you're able to attend. We'll be happy to book additional accommodation for you (subject to availability). If you plan to arrive earlier, the arrival transfer can only be offered in conjunction with pre-tour accommodation booked through Intrepid.
Day 2 - Phnom Penh
Notes: The Tuol Sleng Prison Museum and Killing Fields of Choeung Ek are major parts of the experience here, but if you don't wish to visit them, please inform your tour leader.
Day 3 - Siem Reap
Day 4 - Siem Reap / Angkor Wat
Notes: The Sala Bai Hotel School is closed on public and school holidays, so on these days an alternative restaurant will be used.
Day 5 - Siem Reap
Day 6 - Ho Chi Minh City
Please note that you will be unescorted on this flight. Upon arrival you will be picked up from the airport and transferred to your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City.
As this is a combination trip, your group leader and the composition of your group may change at this location. There will be a group meeting to discuss the next stage of your itinerary and you're welcome to attend, as this is a great chance to meet your new fellow travellers and your Vietnamese tour leader. This meeting is generally followed by an optional group meal out at one of Ho Chi Minh City's many fantastic eating spots.