From the majestic temples of Angkor to the gorgeous colonial-era architecture of Battambang and the devastating Khmer Rouge reign of the 1970s, Cambodia is a country that emanates history at every turn. Jungle vines crawl over Angkor Wat’s weathered walls and villagers work their land in much the same way they have for generations. This remarkable small group adventure will get you off the tourist trail, away from the crowds, and into the heart and soul of this inspiring destination.
- See the very best that Cambodia has to offer in just over a week as you traverse the country with a small group of up to 11 new friends.
- This is a Comfort style trip, which means slightly higher standard hotels and a few more inclusions and meals than on most Original style itineraries.
- Kick things off with dinner at Friends the Restaurant in Phnom Penh and combine an excellent local cause with a memorable dining experience.
- Enjoy a day out in the countryside nearby the French colonial town of Kampot where we walk through rice fields, discover a hidden cave temple and stroll along Kep Beach.
- Learn about local cottage industries in and around historic Battambang, from pottery and silversmithing to sticky rice and fish paste production, and even stop in at Cambodia's first winery.
- Travel by boat down the Sangker River to Tonle Sap lake, certainly the most scenic way to arrive in Siem Reap.
- Conclude your time in Cambodia by exploring the amazing Angkor archaeological complex in depth. You'll have a 3 day pass so as well as our guided tours you can return on your own to further immerse yourself in the beauty and mystery.
|Cultural||Physical||Max Group Size||12||Duration||10 days|
|Category||Gold||Trips for those who want a tonne of inclusions, better standard accommodation, larger roomier vehicles.|