Christmas in Antarctica
Take the Christmas holiday of a lifetime – an 11-day expedition exploring the wonders of Antarctica. Set foot on the Antarctic Peninsula, spot seals resting on the icefloe and witness seabirds nesting in landscapes that must be seen to be believed. Marvel at the surrounds of the ice-capped mountain ranges and be inspired as you explore bays filled with immense icebergs and glaciers. Visit penguin rookeries, spot minke and humpback whales and enjoy regular Zodiac excursions for up-close wildlife encounters. After a day of exploration, relax in in the ship’s heated saltwater pool, sauna or book into the health spa on board. Onboard experts, ample space and five-star lashings make this a Christmas adventure to remember.
- The festive season is one of the most active times for wildlife and there are plenty of opportunities to see penguins, seals and whales under the midnight sun with our expert polar team leading the way.
- Freezing is great but freedom is better. Customise your trip with a wide range of optional activities on top of regular Zodiac excursions. Explore the water by kayak, sign up for a photography masterclass, rejuvenate with some onboard yoga and a massage, take a refreshing polar plunge or camp overnight like a true polar explorer.
- Whereas most polar expeditions of this kind have a crew-to-passenger ratio of ten, fifteen or twenty to one, Intrepid expeditions on the Ocean Endeavour have an expedition crew member for every 8 passengers for a greater personal touch.
- Our experienced leaders have made hundreds of polar voyages between them. They’re experts in marine biology, glaciology and Antarctic history, and they’ll share their knowledge throughout the journey during a comprehensive lecture program.
- Rest assured that footprints are all you’ll leave behind. Your Antarctica expedition is carbon offset, and we serve only sustainably sourced seafood, avoid single-use plastics and use biodegradable and phosphate-free cleaning products.
- Travelling solo? This is your perfect Antarctic adventure, with single cabins at the same price as some twins.
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||200||Duration||11 days|
|Category||Gold||Trips for those who want a tonne of inclusions, better standard accommodation, larger roomier vehicles.|