Steeped in centuries of culinary tradition, Japan is nothing less than a treasure trove of exotic cuisine, potent sake and sweet delights. From Kyoto to Tokyo, our adventure takes us into the heart of Japan, enjoying a smorgasbord of treats in a variety of settings. To complete the recipe, we mix in plenty of culture and top it off with some of Japan's best attractions. Be tempted by tempura, savour your sushi and tickle your tastebuds, as we discover the endless variety of Japan and its cuisine.
- Japan is a year round destination with something in store for every season: cherry blossoms in spring, stunning leaves in autumn and snow and ice in winter.
- This trip is a great balance of included activities in each destination, big cities and smaller gems, plenty of free time for other optional fun, all backed by a helpful leader to steer you in the right direction of the best experiences.
- There’s no better way to get around Japan than the country’s famous railway system. Be impressed by the efficiency and ultra-modernity as you zip from place to place with your included 7-day Japan Rail Pass. Here is why you don't want to miss train travel in Japan: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/japan-trains/
- Surrounded tranquil scenery and an overnight temple stay in Koya-san is as peaceful and unique as it sounds and the perfect place to stop between Kyoto and Hiroshima. See some of what to expect from your monastery stay here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/japanese-monastery/
- A visit to the Hiroshima Peace Park is a sobering but important experience for understanding the tragedies of Japan’s not so distant past.
- Spend a memorable night in a ryokan (traditional Japanese-style inn) in tiny Tsumago, one of the best preserved Edo-era towns along the ancient Nakesendo Highway. Enjoy a traditional dinner here and take a short walk to a nearby village.
- Shop for handcrafted souvenirs in Nakamachi
- Feel the energy of buzzing Tokyo
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||12||Duration||12 days|
|Category||Gold||Trips for those who want a tonne of inclusions, better standard accommodation, larger roomier vehicles.|