Travel to Myanmar and discover a country of mythical landscapes, ancient treasures and some of the friendliest folk you’ll ever meet. From the glittering spires of Shwedagon Pagoda, and the ancient temples of Bagan, to the tranquillity of Inle Lake and the lively atmosphere of Mandalay, Myanmar will excite, impress and intrigue you. Full of rarely seen sights and stories just waiting to be told, come and experience the magic of Myanmar.
- Begin a Myanmar discovery with the symbolic and iconic Shwedagon Pagoda, a magnificent glittering temple crowning Yangon
- Experience the incredible sight of Bagan’s sea of temples and explore the best of 4,000 temples and monasteries
- Enjoy an afternoon cruise to Mingun, and visit the world's largest pagoda, then return to watch the sunset over the Ayeryarwady River
- Soak up the tranquillity of Inle Lake and sample the hospitality of the Shan people, one of many groups that contribute to the ethnic diversity of this colourful country. Stop in for a home cooked lunch at one of the villages near the lake and learn more about local life
- Trek to traditional tribal villages for a taste of local culture
- Relax in the heart of beguiling Yangon
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||12||Duration||12 days|
|Category||Gold||Trips for those who want a tonne of inclusions, better standard accommodation, larger roomier vehicles.|
Day 1 - Yangon
An airport arrival transfer is included (if booked in advance) and there will be a Welcome Meeting at 6pm today. Please look for a note in the hotel lobby or ask reception where it will take place. We'll be collecting insurance details and next of kin information at this meeting, so please ensure you bring these details to provide to your leader.
Arrive at any time today, and in any free time before the meeting, get your bearings and a taste of this wonderful city. Perhaps take a walk to Sule Paya then down to the Victorian Strand Hotel to admire both the colonial architecture and the bargaining madness of Bogyoke Market. Maybe take an Urban Adventure with a local guide, such as the Let Yangon Take You For a Ride, or take the circle train through the city and suburbs and see local life in Yangon.
Day 2 - Yangon
Day 3 - Mandalay
Day 4 - Mandalay
Day 5 - Bagan
Day 6 - Bagan
Day 7 - Bagan
Day 8 - Inle Lake
Notes: You will notice that the weather is rather cooler here due to the high altitude. At certain times of year there can be lots of insects around the lake. Please read ‘what to take’ section for further information.
Day 9 - Inle Lake
Stop in at one of the villages near the lake for a home cooked lunch experience and perhaps help out with some of the cooking. The surrounds will be simple, but the food delicious!
Day 10 - Inle Lake
Notes: The amount of walking advisable today will depend on individual and group fitness and wishes, and also the time of year. In the hotter months from March to October, reduced distances are often advisable, and arrangements can be discussed with your tour leader the day before.