Classic Sri Lanka
The remnants of a spiritual past await your discovery in Sri Lanka, from the ancient cliff-built complex of Lion Rock in Sigiriya to the ruins of the Sinhalese capital in Anuradhapura. Explore wonders of nature and humanity (and often both at once) in this 8-day trip through the cities, jungles and caves of Sri Lanka.
- This trip takes you to many of the country's key sights in just over a week.
- There's a big emphasis on historic sights on this trip. Discover evidence of ancient lives carved into the earth, from the cave temple of Dambulla to the soaring urban complex of Lion Rock. Here are some more of the most fascinating: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/sri-lankas-most-fascinating-historical-sites/
- Travel through highlands so green they almost glow in Nuwara Eliya, and sample some of the famous tea varieties that grow on the hillsides.
- See one of the worlds most revered relics at the Temple of the Tooth in Kandy, home to an earthly remain of the Lord Buddha.
- Go safari, Sri Lanka style! Look for elephants and leopards in beautiful Minneriya National Park.
- Watch candy-coloured tuk-tuks zip down the street in the shadow of skyscrapers in Colombo.
- Dig into Kottu Roti in its birthplace - Batticaloa
- Meet the tribal Vedda people in Dabana
- Join worshipers at Kandyâs sacred Temple of the Tooth
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||12||Duration||8 days|
|Category||Gold||Trips for those who want a tonne of inclusions, better standard accommodation, larger roomier vehicles.|