Cruising the Islands of Greece and Turkey
Santorini and Mykonos lure sun-seeking crowds to their idyllic shores for good reason, but the collection of islands that make up the Cyclades are ripe with less-travelled gems. Cruise the Aegean Sea on a small ship and take in these perennial favourites as well as charming hill villages, secluded beaches and an unusual rock hewn monastery. Delve into the country’s rich history exploring ancient archaeological sites like Delos and Akrotiri. Spend a day in Turkey touring the ruins of Ephesus and the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Add a healthy helping of delicious Greek cuisine for an adventure you won’t soon forget.
- Whether you want to revel in the atmosphere of Mykonos or relax on own your private paradise at Manganari Beach, there are plenty of opportunities to soak up the sun
- Watch the spectacular colours of Santorini’s famous sunset bathe the caldera as you enjoy an evening picnic with fellow travellers – what could be better!
- Get away of the tourist trail with a stop in Amorgos, where a striking 11th-century monastery built into a cliff offers breathtaking views of the Aegean Sea
- Brush up on your history and mythology by touring the important archaeological sites of Akrotiri and Delos with local guides
- Cross into Turkey to tour the ruins of Ephesus and discover the fascinating relics that remain of this vibrant ancient city including the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||48||Duration||8 days|
|Category||Gold||Trips for those who want a tonne of inclusions, better standard accommodation, larger roomier vehicles.|