More than 30 million Vietnamese can't be wrong - handle-bar height gives you the best view of Vietnam! Our cycling tour through this mesmerising country provides opportunities to meet the locals and experience their culture in a way that wouldn't otherwise be possible. So come with us and get active as we travel from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City, down country lanes and over spectacular mountain passes. And, of course, all the exercise gives you the perfect excuse to indulge in delicious Vietnamese cuisine.
- If you love the feel of a bike between your legs, the wind in your (helmet-covered) hair and tropical breeze on your face then this speedy but comprehensive 15 day adventure is for you
- A bike lets you see Vietnam like never before â youâll go from road to beaten track to something way beyond
- Think of the calories youâll burn and the appetite youâll work up cycling around Vietnamâs incredible landscape â all the more reason to indulge in the wealth of delicious local and regional food
- This two-wheeled adventure will show you all the different sides of this country â wildlife-filled natural landscapes, small villages and ancient ruins, along with the regionâs liveliest cities
- Experience the energy of Ho Chi Minh City
- Be welcomed as guests in a small Vietnamese village
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||12||Duration||15 days|
|Themes||Cycling, Explorer, Local Life, On Your Bike, Once Upon a Time|
|Category||Silver||The classic small group tour, with some included activities and staying at reasonably priced accommodation.|
Day 1 - Hanoi
Before the meeting you need to assemble your bicycle to check for any damage in transit.
If you have arranged for the hire of a bicycle, your leader will assist you in preparing the bike.
If you arrive with some time to spare then work your legs with a walk around Hanoiâs charming shaded boulevards and a squat on a short street-corner stools for a bia hoi (freshly brewed draught beer) in the Old Quarter.
Notes: If you can't arrange a flight that will arrive in time, you may wish to arrive a day early so you're able to attend. We are happy to book additional accommodation for you (subject to availability). If you're going to be late, please inform the hotel reception or your travel agent in advance.
Day 2 - Hanoi
Day 3 - Mai Chau
Day 4 - Ninh Binh
Day 5 - Ninh Binh - Overnight train
Notes: On the overnight train to Hue (approximately 12 hours) conditions are basic, but it is a true Intrepid experience and the best way to travel long distances like a local. Sleeper trains typically have four berth compartments (occasionally six berth depending on seasonal variations and group configuration), which have bench seats that convert into sleeping bunks. A sheet, pillow and blanket are provided, although some travellers prefer to bring their own sleeping sheet. On occasion, passengers of different genders will be required to share a compartment and there will be occasions where you'll be sharing with local travellers or travellers who are not part of your group. Most trains have a dining carriage serving simple food, but some travellers take the opportunity to stock up on fresh bread, cheese and fruit prior to departure.