Explore Cambodia & Vietnam
Be charmed by Cambodia and Vietnam on this 17-day adventure from picturesque Phnom Penh to alluring Hanoi. Stroll along sunny shores in Kep; learn about Cambodia’s turbulent past; be awestruck by the temples of Angkor; relax by the river in Hoi An and soak up the sights of Hanoi. This journey abounds in unforgettable history, enchanting culture, charismatic cities and divine natural beauty.
- Discover the highlight attractions and the rich traditions of Cambodia and Vietnam. This adventure covers the famous destinations plus a few gems off the beaten trail
- The gorgeous French facades of riverside Kampot are only the beginning. Explore the surrounding countryside, visit the Kampot Pepper Project, discover a hidden cave temple and stroll along Kep Beach
- Get behind the scenes of small industry in and around historic Battambang, from pottery and silversmithing to sticky rice and fish paste production
- Explore the amazing Angkor archaeological complex in depth, with two full days to appreciate the magic of Angkor Thom, Angkor Wat, the Bayon and more
- Halong Bay is a strange paradise of green waters and rocky islands. Enjoy a cruise through the beautiful landscape and indulge in the bay's fresh seafood
- Go back in time at the ancient trading port of Hoi An. Experience the blend of influences from Europe and Asia, the nearby beaches and markets
|Cultural||Physical||Max Group Size||12||Duration||17 days|
|Category||Gold||Trips for those who want a tonne of inclusions, better standard accommodation, larger roomier vehicles.|
Day 1 - Phnom Penh
Notes: Your arrival transfer is only valid if arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-trip accommodation through Intrepid. Please provide your flight details at the time of booking, or at a minimum of 15 days prior to travel. We may not be able to confirm requests made within 15 days of travel. Once you have provided your details, a transfer representative will be booked to meet you at the airport and take you to your hotel.
Day 2 - Kampot
Day 3 - Kampot
Day 4 - Phnom Penh
Day 5 - Battambang
Day 6 - Battambang
Note: The Bamboo Train rail is currently under construction until further notice, and no longer a possible optional activity. The project to repair and relocate the rail is forecast for completion by 2020.
Day 7 - Siem Reap/Angkor Wat
Notes: In April and August, when water levels are typically at their lowest, we are unable to travel by boat. Instead make today's journey by minibus. In this case, a boat trip to a riverside village is included, so that travellers don't miss out on the Tonle Sap experience.
Day 8 - Siem Reap / Angkor Wat
Notes: The hotel school is closed on public holidays and school holidays. An alternative restaurant will be visited on these days.