Capture the spirit of China on this 12-day tour from Shanghai to Beijing. Stroll along the narrow lanes of Shanghai’s nongtang, be entranced by ancient Buddhist art at the Longmen Grottoes, see the incredible Terracotta Warriors in Xi'an, get a sense of Tibetan life in the town of Xiahe and walk on the Great Wall of China. This is a journey abounding with bustling cities, natural beauty, incredible culture and history stretching through the ages.
- See the best known sights in Beijing, Shanghai and Xi'an, as well as visiting towns that may not be quite as iconic but perhaps even more intriguing because of it
- The Longmen Grottoes are the most stunning remnants of Northern Wei and Tang-era Buddhist art in existence, and you'll have plenty of insight into their history with a local guide
- Visit Shaolin Temple, the birthplace of Kung Fu
- Zip through vast territories on the fast and efficient bullet train network in China, a manifestation of the rapid development of China's economy over only 40 years.
- Experience the enchanting ambience and mountain scenery of Xiahe. This Tibetan pilgrimage town and its Labrang Monastery is the stuff of legend
- Perhaps no trip to China is complete without seeing the iconic Great Wall. Take an invigorating hike along the Mutianyu section
- Discover thousands of Buddha statues in the Longman Grottoes
- Trek on the Great Wall
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||12||Duration||12 days|
|Category||Gold||Trips for those who want a tonne of inclusions, better standard accommodation, larger roomier vehicles.|