Holy Land Highlights
This tour is much more than just a pilgrimage. Entrenched in the ancient but emphatically modern in outlook, nominally Jewish but with oodles of Muslim and Christian influence, the complexities of Israel and the Palestinian Territories will have your head in spin. Run your hands over the Wailing Wall, where written prayers are slid into the cracks between stones and spend the night in the city where Jesus was said to have been born. Stroll around Manger square in Bethlehem and taste the best falafel in the world. Journey into the Negev Desert and spend the night on the rim of the Ramon Crater and take a dip with a difference in the Dead Sea. Israel and the Palestinian Territories have more than a little bit of something for everyone.
- Stargaze in the Negev Desert, spotting constellations unimpeded by light pollution.
- Walk the “way of sorrows”, the biblical path Jesus took to the crucifixion, and see the empty tomb he is said to have risen from.
- Enjoy a drink at a socially responsible boutique winery that employs adults with disabilities.
- Enter the cool and sparse cave-built church where Christian tradition says Jesus was born.
- Wash off the dust of the desert with a float in the salty waters of the Dead Sea.
- Devour classic Israeli staples like hummus and falafel in the bustling metropolis that is Tel Aviv.
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||12||Duration||8 days|
|Category||Gold||Trips for those who want a tonne of inclusions, better standard accommodation, larger roomier vehicles.|