Home to sumo wrestling, geishas and Karaoke, Japan is an extraordinary land. Expect tranquillity one minute and a lively, bustling atmosphere the next on this tour. Watch monks pray in the Buddhism centre, visit the sacred island of Miyajima and experience the vibrant atmosphere of Tokyo city. This tour encompasses’ Japan perfectly.
Stay in a selection of beautiful accommodation including the unique Monastery Eko-in on Mt. Koya and the Mercure Hotel Ginza, in the heart of Tokyo’s shopping center. Both of these hotels are conveniently located and offer a wide range of amenities for you to take advantage of.
- Visit the centre of Buddhism in Japan, here you will spend the night in a temple at the top of Mt Koya.
- The famous floating Torii gate is a must see when you visit the sacred island of Miyajima on this Japan holiday.
- View the picturesque Nijo Castle and gardens, before practising your meditation in Daisen-in's Zen rock garden.
- Take in the views of Mt Fiji while on a cable car ride up Mt Owakudani. This is the perfect Japan holiday picture opportunity.
- Admire the beauty of Hakone with a boat ride along Lake Ashino-ko.
- Overnight in a temple on Mt Koya with traditional meals
- Hiroshima Peace Park and Museum visit
- Miyajima excursion with floating Torii Gate visit
- Nijo Castle and gardens visit (Kyoto)
- Kinaku-ji Golden Pavilion visit
- Daisen-in Temple and Zen garden visit
- Mt Owakudani cable car ride (Hakone)
- Lake Ashino-ko boat ride
- Traditional ryokan stay with kaiseki meal
- Japan Rail (JR) pass (7-day)
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- 2 breakfasts, 2 dinners. (Allow $350-400 for meals not included.)
- Bullet train, tram, ferry, public bus.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 15, avg 12
- Hotels (10 nights), mountain monastery (1 night), Japanese-style ryokan accommodation with hot springs (1 night).
- Travel insurance
- Airport transfers
- Meals and drinks not specified