Land of the Rising Sun
Ever-welcoming and always fascinating, Japan is a land of ancient cultures, austere traditions and groundbreaking technology. Experience the best that this diverse country has to offer from the excitement of lively Tokyo to the sacred resting places of shoguns at Nikko. Feast on local delights at a Takayama market, make a sobering visit to the Hiroshima Peace Park and explore magnificent Kyoto temples. Discover ancient castles, lush countryside and fascinating feudal history on this authentic travel adventure. If you pack a good sense of humour and leave all inhibitions behind, the Land of the Rising Sun rarely disappoints.
- What better way to see Japan than by the country's famous railway system? It's clean, efficient and we include a 14-day Japan Rail Pass in the trip price
- This trip affords you a good balance of included activities and free time, with plenty of optional activities to keep you busy and a helpful leader to steer you in the right direction
- Much of the accommodation is in the style of a traditional Japanese ryokan. Sleep on the floor on a tatami mat, keep warm beside an irori hearth and bath in an onsen or shared bathroom facilities.
- This 14-day adventure zips you through the highlights of Japan, so you'll get a comprehensive introduction to this amazing country
- See neon-hued Tokyo city lights
- Sip sake in Takayama
- Soak in a traditional outdoor onsen in Hakone
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||12||Duration||14 days|
|Themes||Explorer, Delicious Journeys, Explorer, Huts, Gers & Gites, Once Upon a Time, Trucks, Trains & Tuk-tuks|
|Category||Silver||The classic small group tour, with some included activities and staying at reasonably priced accommodation.|