A peaceful oasis among the chaos that defines much of Southeast Asia, Laos is a comparatively relaxed country that is nonetheless bursting with pride, history and colour. In this compact six-day trip, you’ll soak up the best of what Laos has to offer. Travel from the gilded capital Vientiane, where evidence of French colonial rule still exists among the myriad wats and stupas, to the lush forests and limestone cliffs of Luang Prabang.
- Rise with the sun and watch saffron-robed monks shuffle between houses, where the faithful wait with offerings as part of an alms giving ritual.
- See the crowning-jewel of Laos' spiritual monuments – Pha That Luang, a shining Buddhist stupa that sits on ground that has been considered holy for thousands of years.
- Splash in the blue waters of Kuang Si Waterfall, where multi-tiered cascades ensconced by thick jungle give the appearance of a Laotian Eden.
- Give something back with a visit to Ock Pop Tok, a sustainable and ethical textile partnership helping women to earn a living.
- Taste the sweet and sour delights of local cuisine in Luang Prabang.
- Cruise down the mighty Mekong River to the limestone caves of Pak Ou, which practically overflow with icons of the Buddha.
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||12||Duration||6 days|
|Category||Gold||Trips for those who want a tonne of inclusions, better standard accommodation, larger roomier vehicles.|