Morocco’s culture is tightly intertwined. A blur of national identity and religion, this country’s history is a diverse tapestry, as varied as the colours woven into each carpet sold on the street. Since ancient times French, Spanish, Islamic, Jewish and ancient Berber dynasties have brought their own ethnic thread to the needlepoint, and have together knitted a vibrantly distinct region of West Africa. Journey into Morocco’s heart through its food, religion, language and culture to better understand this exciting nation and passionate people.
- Visit the grand Mosque of Hassan II in Casablanca, one of the most impressive temples in Morocco, before exploring the sights of the country's first imperial city of Meknes
- Under the eye of a local tour guide, feel like you've travelled back to the Middle Ages in the labyrinthine medina of Fes
- Trek through scenic countryside and traditional villages in the Atlas Mountains. Stay in a traditional Berber homestay to understand the culture and tradition of an indigenous population who have stood the test of time
- For many people, their dream of Morocco is a camel trek or walk through the dramatic red dunes of the Sahara Desert to camp under North African stars. This trip provides you with the opportunity to do just that
- Go behind the scenes of Game of Thrones and Gladiator in Ait Benhaddou. This fortified red city was once an important stop on the caravan route between the Sahara and Marrakech – now it's a film-maker's heaven
- Take a guided tour through Marrakech's lively medina and join the nightly carnival of fortune-tellers, dancers and medicine men in Djemaa el-Fna square
- Sleep in a traditional Berber homestay to better understand Morocco’s traditional people and their customs
- Go behind the scenes of 'Game of Thrones' and 'Gladiator' in Ait Benhaddou
- Dine on tajine and couscous in Marrakesh’s biggest outdoor food market
- Get lost in the souqs and bargain til blue in the face in the Djemaa el-Fna square
|Cultural||Physical||Max Group Size||12||Duration||13 days|
|Category||Gold||Trips for those who want a tonne of inclusions, better standard accommodation, larger roomier vehicles.|
Day 1 - Casablanca
Note: Please be aware that some of our travellers to Casablanca are being approached by locals offering excursions before their Intrepid trip commences. This has been particularly prevalent in and around the hotels used by Intrepid. These guides are in no way connected to Intrepid Travel and we cannot guarantee the safety or quality standards of their tours. We strongly advise customers against joining any tour offered by unauthorised guides. Intrepid Travel assesses the safety of all optional excursions offered by our tour leaders. If you would like more information on the excursions available, please contact us before you travel or see the Intrepid-branded notice in the reception of your hotel.