New York to Las Vegas
Journey east to west on a great American adventure that takes in the best that this expansive country has to offer. Explore the story of a nation in its birthplace in Philadelphia and political heart D.C. Feel the rhythms of country and blues in musical Tennessee before taking it easy in New Orleans, a city filled with life, music and great food. Discover how Texas is more than just cowboy country in Houston and San Antonio’s thriving cultural scene, while still leaving time to strap on a bib and devour some barbeque. Get closer to nature and camp in the Appalachian Mountains, explore deep caves, hike grand canyons and traverse sand dunes in the Navajo Nation. Embrace the outrageous glitz of Las Vegas or go in search of its more refined side before this three-week journey plays out.
- The flexibility of this trip allows you to do what you want, when you want, without the restrictions of an overly packed itinerary
- Enjoy a full day to explore Washington DC, New Orleans and the Grand Canyon. While most trips breeze through, we give you time to see much more of these amazing places
- The cities of Nashville, Memphis and New Orleans are notorious for their rich music and nightlife scenes. See live performances of blues, jazz, country and rock in celebrated musical venues
- Learn about the ancient culture and history of the Anasazi Indians on a visit to Mesa Verde National Park, home to 600 traditional Indian cliff dwellings
- San Antonio is a little piece of Mexico in the USA. Visit the World Heritage-listed Alamo, an 18th-century mission and fortress, and take a stroll along the lively San Antonio River Walk
- The oldest capital in the US, sunny Santa Fe has an ancient history, a contemporary heart and a desert soul. With its adobe architecture and colourful art scene, it's not hard to see why Santa Fe's eccentric locals refer to their home as the 'City Different'
- Relive Davy Crockettâs last days at the Alamo
- Delve into the hidden world of the Carlsbad Caverns
- Enter ancient dwellings built into the towering canyons cliff of Mesa Verde
- Learn about North American Indian life from a Navajo guide
- Experience the true meaning of vast at the Grand Canyon
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||13||Duration||17 days|
|Category||Bronze||Keep it simple, keeping inclusions to a minimum. These trips represent exceptional value and having a lot of free time to do what you wish.|