North China Getaway
Discover the ancient sights and modern delights of China's north. Journey from Beijing to Shanghai and travel through the ancient city of Xi'an, to the heights of Huangshan, the base of the Great Wall and deep into the Huizhou countryside. Encounter friendly people, bustling markets and amazing historical landmarks as you take in the crazy contrasts and profound experiences that render China such a remarkable country.
- Overnight at the Great Wall at a family run guesthouse, and see this iconic structure without the crowds
- With journeys on two sleeper trains, you'll maximise your time in your destinations, get a chance to interact with locals, and see some beautiful countryside
- Like everything it does, Chinaâs ancient history is on an epic scale â see it when face-to-face with thousands of Terracotta Warriors
- Venture into the idyllic Huizhou countryside and explore rural villages on foot or by bike
- Discover the mountain heights of Huangshan, where the stunning rock pinnacles of the Yellow Mountain peek through atmospheric mists
- Greet the mountain mists at holy Huangshan
- Have your own Crouching Tiger moment in Hongcun
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||16||Duration||12 days|
|Themes||Explorer, Explorer, Once Upon a Time, Showstoppers|
|Category||Bronze||Keep it simple, keeping inclusions to a minimum. These trips represent exceptional value and having a lot of free time to do what you wish.|
Day 1 - Beijing
Day 2 - Great Wall
Youâll spend the night in a family run village guesthouse. The facilities are more basic than some of our accommodation on this trip but you can be assured of great local hospitality. Most passengers will choose to eat at the guesthouse for dinner as it's a great chance to sample local produce and delicious home style cooking.