Pristine Antarctica 11 days from Ushuaia
Experience one of the most Intrepid experiences out there — an expedition to Antarctica via the famous Drake Passage. Departing from Ushuaia late January, ready the camera for the arrival of mid-summer and the full spectacle of the Antarctic season. As the ice and snow melts away, wonderful rocky beaches spring into view, and the region is primed for explorations by Zodiac. Each day on this otherworldly continent presents a new jaw-dropping scene, as whales, penguin chicks and seabirds reveal themselves in their element. In the comfort of the brand-new MV Hondius, and under the guidance of an expert leader, full expedition crew and onboard naturalists, rest assured this trip provides all the essential ingredients for an unforgettable Antarctic adventure.
- The wildlife viewing opportunities are next-level in this extreme environment, and the abundance is astounding for such a remote and extreme environment. Scan the seas for seals; look out for minke, humpback and orca whales; spot rare birds on the Beagle Channel; and witness gentoo, Adelie and chinstrap penguins
- Come for the beautiful animals, stay for the eye-popping landscapes. The mountains, plains and beaches are half the fun of exploring this unique white continent, and the sight of an iceberg calving into the sea is a moment you won’t forget
- A polar plunge in the sub-zero Antarctic waters is one invigorating experience. You’ve never a had a swim quite like this!
- Onboard presentations from our Antarctica experts bring you up to speed on the geology and wildlife of the region, along with some remarkable tales of expeditions past
- Your ship, the brand-new, ice-strengthened MV Hondius, is the strongest vessel operating in the Antarctic, to say nothing of the creature comforts to be enjoyed on board
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||16||Duration||11 days|
|Category||Gold||Trips for those who want a tonne of inclusions, better standard accommodation, larger roomier vehicles.|