Colourful and chaotic, mysterious and exotic - welcome to Rajasthan. Explore the fairytale cities of the desert, travel to beautiful palaces filled with treasures of the maharajah and wander through forts with fascinating histories. Marvel at the grandeur of the Taj Mahal in Agra, travel across the Thar desert on camelback and witness the romantic 'Blue City' of Jodhpur. Be immersed in this intriguing state of India - stay in traditional towns, meet the locals in markets and bazaars, and taste delicious regional dishes. Add a touch of comfort and some very special heritage properties for a true Rajasthani travel adventure.
- This trip gives you the opportunity to see the best of north India & Rajasthan with a little more comfort than our Original style tours. Enjoy daily breakfasts, plenty of inclusions and some truly special places to stay.
- The magical splendour of the Taj Mahal is of course a must-see for any visitor to India. You may have seen hundreds of photos of it already but seeing this immaculate icon for yourself on a guided tour is bound to leave a deep impression.
- If you're not a Bollywood fan already, you might just become one when you go to Jaipur's most spectacular art-deco Raj Mandir cinema to watch one of the latest local blockbusters.
- Visit a family for dinner in Jaisalmer for a home-cooked meal and an evening of local culture, sharing food, customs and traditions with new friends.
- See traditional arts and handicrafts first hand in the bazaars of Jaipur including block printing, carpet weaving, folk art and semi-precious stones – the regional specialty.
- Sleep well and in style with 4 nights in beautifully restored former palaces and mansions and 1 night in a desert camp in comfortable permanent tents.
- Visit the painted havelis of Shekhawati
- Explore the ornate palaces of Jaipur and Udaipur
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||12||Duration||15 days|
|Category||Gold||Trips for those who want a tonne of inclusions, better standard accommodation, larger roomier vehicles.|