Real Food Adventure - Israel & the Palestinian Territories
Discover the classic dishes and delectable delights of Israel and theÂ Palestinian Territories on this Real Food Adventure. SavourÂ shakshuka in Tel Aviv, feast on fish in Akko's Old Town seafoodÂ market, learn the tricks of tahini from the Samaritans of Nablus,Â break bread with Druze folk in Buqâata and sample mouth-wateringÂ knafeh. In between these delicious diversions, float in the Dead SeaÂ and see the holy sights of Jerusalem. Brimming with charismaticÂ cuisine and rich history, this is an epicurean odyssey to remember.
- Feast on classic dishes in Israelâs legendary local eateries, from shakshouka to a beloved hummus institution in the OldÂ City of Jerusalem
- Get behind the scenes at both farm and factory level. Tour aÂ Samaritan-run tahini factory in Mount Jerazim and see how goatâsÂ cheese is made in the Negev Desert
- Trip through the legendary Zichron Yachov wine region and stop forÂ a tipple at Israel's largest winery
- Meet masters of Israeli cuisine and learn their age-old kitchenÂ secrets, cooking up a storm with Druze villagers in Golan HeightsÂ and slow-food experts in Bait Al-Karama
- Enjoy a full-day tour of Jerusalem, visiting the Church of the HolyÂ Sepulchre and the excellent Mahaneh Yehuda food market
- Thereâs plenty of time for the more subtle delights of the Holy Land.
- Cruise across the Sea of Galilee and take a dip in the famously saltyÂ Dead Sea
- Visit the West Bank and try a slice of Palestinian musakhan
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||12||Duration||10 days|
|Category||Silver||The classic small group tour, with some included activities and staying at reasonably priced accommodation.|