Real Food Adventure - Morocco
Clear your plate for flavour-filled Morocco, where Berber, Arabic and European influences mix to create an adventurous culinary cocktail. Follow the smell of food through mesmerising markets and master recipes taught by those that know them best. Grab street food from a souq and share traditional meals with the locals. Take a handful of bustling souqs, mix with a dash of sea and season with fresh local produce, all drizzled with warm Moroccan hospitality for an adventure that will linger long on the tongue and in the memory.
- Discover the wide world of bread, from Khobz to msmen to tafournout to simit and beyond, that forms an essential part of every Moroccan meal. Hollowed out khobz filled with boiled eggs, salt and a good dose of ras el hanout will be your new favourite breakfast
- Brush shoulders with locals while you all feast on freshly grilled sardines purchased from the port fish souk in Essaouira that morning
- Enjoy traditional Berber food and hospitality with a local family up in the High Atlas Mountains, overlooking the crowning peaks in the distance
- Soak up what could be the quintessential smell of Morocco as you watch ras el hanout being freshly ground in a Marrakech spice souk
- Eat mechoui (slow roasted lamb), thatâs deliciously falling-apart after being cooked in a pit beneath the floor, while looking over market stalls in the heart of the medina
- Create the perfect Moroccan salad in a cooking school run by local women
- Become a master negotiator in Marrakechâs souqs
- Show off your culinary skills and master Moroccoâs classic dish, the tajine
- Explore the seaside Portuguese settlement of Essaouira while dining on the catch of the day
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||12||Duration||10 days|
|Category||Silver||The classic small group tour, with some included activities and staying at reasonably priced accommodation.|
Travel to Fes, Casablanca and Marrakech on a Moroccan food safari. Master traditional North African recipes of tajine, couscous and pastries in instructional cooking classes. Tour spice markets and souqs, and unwind in a homestay.
Day 1 - Casablanca
Day 2 - Meknes/Moulay Idriss
Day 3 - Fes
Day 4 - Fes
Day 5 - High Atlas
Notes: You will only need to carry a day pack on the walk today. Your main luggage will be stored in a secure location in a nearby village.