Real Food Adventure - Thailand
An adventure in flavour, experience the fresh aromas and heavenly spices that make Thai food a worldwide phenomenon. Explore bustling markets spread out over land and water, and taste exotic fruits and aromatic dishes whipped up in front of your eyes. Learn the trick behind making palm sugar, experience the thrill of a passing train in the Mae Glong railway market, slurp noodles alongside the locals in Bangkok, whip up a jungle curry in Kanchanaburi, enjoy home cooking with a family in Chiang Mai, sit down to a Khantohk feast and tour all the must-see sights of Thailand in one incredible culinary journey through one of South-East Asiaâs most seductive food cultures.
- Discover a world of Thai food beyond the obvious (albeit delicious) dishes of Pad Thai and Thai Green curry â experience new Thai tastes, like âboat noodlesâ and khao soi in Ayutthaya
- Whip up northern Thai khantohk specialties with Aoi outside of Chiang Mai, and live Thai life from a local's perspective with a stay in her home
- Experience the eye-opening and surprising world of Thai food markets, filled with unpredictable tastes and found in unexpected places â floating on a river or set up on a railway track!
- Get ready for a hands-on masterclass in Central Thai cuisine in Kanchanaburi, browsing the market to pick fresh produce before feasting on your creations
- Cook up a Khantohk feast during a remarkable Chiang Mai homestay
- Perhaps climb up Doi Suthep to enjoy the views over Chiang Mai
- Offer alms to the monks at Ton Payom Market
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||12||Duration||8 days|
|Category||Silver||The classic small group tour, with some included activities and staying at reasonably priced accommodation.|