San Fran to Vegas: Parks, Canyons, Valleys
Fall in love with the rugged and diverse American West on this nine-day adventure, from the granite peaks and pine forests of Yosemite National Park to the sun-baked dunes and canyons of Death Valley. This itinerary packs in the highlights of the wild West Coast and will see you sipping wine among the rolling hills of the Sonoma Valley, kayaking the clear waters of Lake Tahoe and strolling neon-lit boulevards in Las Vegas.
- This trip embraces the great outdoors without sacrificing comfort, which means you’ll be tackling those long stretches of American highway in a private, air-conditioned vehicle for the entire trip.
- Immerse yourself in the grand, natural beauty of Yosemite National Park. While other tour groups breeze through in a day, you'll enjoy two nights in the park – allowing for a full day of hiking and exploring.
- Parched earth as far as the eye can see is the image many people associate with Death Valley, but the landscape is also home to undulating sand dunes, water-sculpted canyons, extinct volcanic craters and fields of wildflowers that blossom in the spring.
- Sample crisp cuvee, inventive pinot noirs and fruit-forward chardonnays while gazing out over an evergreen vineyard during a visit to a Sonoma Valley winery.
- Explore Jack London State Historic Park, where the eponymous author lived the last years of his life surrounded by the rugged California wilderness that inspired his novels The Abysmal Brute, The Valley of the Moon and White Fang.
- Lake Tahoe is breathtaking vision no matter the season. In summer you can explore the blue waters by kayak, and in winter you can lace up and ice skate while surrounded by snow-dusted pine and fir forest.
- “A most amazing adventure,” “A fantastic way to see the country,” “The best of both worlds” – read the reviews and discover why Intrepid travellers rate this trip so highly.
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||13||Duration||9 days|
|Category||Gold||Trips for those who want a tonne of inclusions, better standard accommodation, larger roomier vehicles.|