Seattle to Los Angeles
Hit the west on a good ol’ American road trip from Seattle to Los Angeles. Cruise through Oregon exploring its stunning natural scenery, delicious food and progressive cities, then head south into California where the natural delights just continue. Trade the sheer granite faces of Yosemite for the desert landscapes of Death Valley, then roll the dice in Las Vegas and peer into the Grand Canyon before heading back to the coast and Los Angeles, where the sun sets on both Venice Beach and your trip.
- Explore the incredible forests, mountains and rivers of Mt Rainier and Olympic National Parks then walk among the world’s oldest, tallest trees in Redwood National Park.
- Experience the eclectic, progressive cities of Seattle, San Francisco and Portland, where world-class food and delicious microbrews reign supreme.
- Yosemite National Park feels like something out of a film. While other tour groups breeze through in a day, spend two nights in the park - allowing for a full day of hiking and exploring.
- For many, Death Valley conjures up images of flat, barren wastelands. Be surprised by diverse landscapes of sand dunes, water-sculpted canyons, extinct volcanic craters and in the spring, fields of wildflowers.
- Enjoy a free day to lose yourself among the bright desert lights of Las Vegas. This is a great way to end your adventure. Remember, what happens in Vegas...
- From flashy Las Vegas to the red cliffs of Zion National Park and the distinctive hoodoos of Bryce Canyon, discover a huge diversity of American landscapes in a relatively short amount of time.
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||13||Duration||29 days|
|Category||Gold||Trips for those who want a tonne of inclusions, better standard accommodation, larger roomier vehicles.|
Day 1 - Seattle
Day 2 - Olympic National Park / Port Angeles
Day 3 - Olympic National Park / Port Angeles
Day 4 - Mt Rainier National Park
Day 5 - Portland
Day 6 - Portland
Day 7 - Coos Bay
Day 8 - Crater Lake National Park
Day 9 - Redwood National Park
Day 10 - Redwood National Park
Day 11 - San Francisco
Day 12 - San Francisco
Day 13 - Sonoma
Day 14 - Yosemite National Park
Day 15 - Yosemite National Park
Day 16 - Lake Tahoe
Day 17 - Eastern Sierra / Lone Pine
Day 18 - Death Valley
Day 19 - Las Vegas
Day 20 - Las Vegas
Day 21 - Zion National Park
Day 22 - Zion National Park
Day 23 - Bryce Canyon
Day 24 - Monument Valley
Monument Valley is part of the biggest Indian reservation in the USA, home to more than 200,000 enrolled members of the Navajo Tribe. Explore the giant sandstone formations scattered across the desert, witnessing the ever-changing colour of the landscape. In the evening, travel by jeep through the Monument Valley with a Navajo guide. Join the locals for an authentic Navajo dinner around a campfire and listen to their traditional songs and stories.