Sensational Sri Lanka
Drive along the road in Sri Lanka and you can pass Hindu temples, Buddhist shrines, churches and mosques all on the same stretch. This fusion â found in the history, the culture, the Arabian, Indian and European-inspired food â makes Sri Lanka a delicious melting pot to explore. From laid-back Negombo venture through ancient Anuradhapura city to the lesser explored surrounds of the north, the secrets and hidden places of Jaffna, and on to the beautiful coastlines of Trincomalee and Batticaloa. Discover the spiritual heart of the country in the dagobas of Mahiyangana and serene temples of Kandy, and enjoy the natural world too, in a country that overflows with plants and wildlife. Spend time with locals keen to share their homes, food, and stories on an adventure that will leave you with many to tell.
Bandaranaike International airport in Colombo Sri Lanka will undergo maintenance work daily between the hours of 0830am â 1630 (430pm) between 05th Jan â 05Apr 2017.
All flights scheduled to arrive or depart during these times will be affected and be subject to a schedule change. Please consult your airline or travel agent with regards to changes and advise Intrepid as soon as possible so we can rebook arrival and/or departure transfers. Please note that during this time, your flight may change several times. Itâs a good idea to recheck your flight details several days prior to travelling.
- The best way to rediscover the once lost city of Anuradhapura is by bicycle. Cycle around the stupas, citadel and monasteries of this ancient capital
- Head into the newly reopened north of Sri Lanka and see a side of the country closed to tourists for 30 years
- The beaches of Sri Lankaâs east coast are beautiful, secluded and perfect for unwinding
- Witness ritual and devotion in the spiritual heart of the country during an evening puja at Kandyâs Temple of the Tooth
- Cook traditional food with a Jaffna family
- Enjoy the isolated beaches of Trincomalee
- Dig into Kottu Roti in its birthplace - Batticaloa
- Meet the tribal Vedda people in Dabana
- Join worshipers at Kandyâs sacred Temple of the Tooth
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||12||Duration||12 days|
|Category||Gold||Trips for those who want a tonne of inclusions, better standard accommodation, larger roomier vehicles.|