South Africa Indian Ocean Coast & KwaZulu Natal
Staying in everything from luxury tents in a game reserve to cozy air-conditioned B&Bs, you'll get to enjoy a taste of what makes South Africa such a diverse and contrasting land. Coastal towns, isolated beaches and a crocodile farm are just part of what await you on this adventure.
With plenty of time to explore at your own pace, this South Africa safari will take you along the Indian Ocean coast where the iconic great white sharks lurk beneath the waves. Getting into a cage to catch a glimpse of them is optional of course, but highly recommended by us!
South Africa Safari Attractions
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park became South Africa's very first UNESCO World Heritage Site when it opened in 1999. Since then its reputation has only grown, with an abundance of wildlife now roaming within the 3,300km2 of open space.
- When you stay in a luxury tent in Falaza Game Reserve, you're contributing directly to Chipembere Rhino Foundation, an organisation dedicated to the protection of the endangered African rhino.
- Anyone interested in history should go for the optional Rorke's Drift battlefield tour, to see where roughly 150 British soldiers fought off 3,000 Zulu warriors in 1879.
Best Time to Visit
- Durban King Shaka to Umhlanga Hotel arrival transfer.
- Accommodation in properties with meals as indicated in the itinerary.
- Group B Car Hire for 12 days.
- 4x safari game drives.
- Travel documentation & directions and 24hr local assistance.
- Return flights to Durban. These will all be priced on application to ensure the best fare!
- Seasonal supplements may be charged on top of your package price.
- A passport valid for at least 6 months on the return date and two blank pages is required when entering South Africa.
- A valid International drivers license is required when hiring a car in South Africa.
- The Kwa-Zulu Natal region is a Malaria-risk area, so please consult your local Tropical Medical Bureau before travelling.
- Proof of adequate Travel Insurance must be provided before departure.