Southern Comfort USA
Take a journey into the soul of the USA on this 12-day tour of the country’s Deep South. The air from Atlanta to Memphis is heavy with humidity and history, filled with the sound of country twang and trap music, and rich with the smoke from the local barbecue joints that seem to lie around every corner. From the creaking boards of the honky-tonk music joints in Nashville, to the elegant Victorian homes that line Rainbow Row in Savannah, and the vibrant melting-pot that is New Orleans, this tour will show you the best of the bold, brash, and boisterous Southern USA.
- Embark on a road trip across the most soulful and hospitable part of the USA: the Deep South. This diverse trip takes you through six states, from the historic settlements of Savannah and Charleston to the mountain town of Asheville and the musical centres of Nashville, Memphis and New Orleans
- Take a sobering look at the dark history of slavery and segregation in the South, and celebrate the bravery and humanity of civil rights heroes like Martin Luther King Jr and Rosa Parks
- From biscuits to barbecue, savour Southern cuisine in all its glory
- Tap your toes down Nashville's Honky Tonk Highway, a road packed with live music venues and bars blasting country music day and night
- Exploding with kitschy glamour and over-the-top Southern charm, Graceland is a more than the former home of Elvis Presley and site of his tomb – it's an ode to the gitzier elements of the Deep South
- Lively New Orleans is a fitting place to end your trip. Discover French, Creole, Spanish and North American influences in the architecture, food, and music of the 'Big Easy'
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||13||Duration||12 days|
|Category||Gold||Trips for those who want a tonne of inclusions, better standard accommodation, larger roomier vehicles.|