Lush and tropical, southern India is inspiring and delightful. Beneath the green shade of a coastal paradise, meet with locals in their fishing villages and tribal homes. Join them in the bazaars, on buses and boats or even on pilgrimage in Madurai. From iconic cultural sights like the Maharaja's Palace in Mysore to French-infused Pondicherry and the vast landscape of Periyar - southern India's spirituality, friendly people and wild animal sanctuaries make it a fascinating part of the country to explore.
- Discover the waterfalls, tea plantations and spice markets of South India’s Western Ghats, a jungle-clad mountain range older than the Himalaya and one of the most biodiverse regions in the world.
- Known as the ‘Queen of the Arabian Sea’, Kochi is a fascinating blend of Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch and English influences, and is best explored by ferry
- Step back in time among the iridescent hills of the very British ‘Snooty Ooty’ - home of snooker and the charming Nilgiri toy train
- Search for elusive wildlife, including elephants, sloths and birds on safari around two of the best places in India to observe nature up close - Mudumalai National Park and Periyar National Park
- Experience a unique way of life with a family homestay in the idyllic backwaters of Kerala
- Ride a train through tea plantations in Ootacamund
- Admire the mish-mash of colonial styles in Kochi
- Safari into the wilds of Mudumalai National Park
- Cycle around the fishing village of Mamallapuram
- Be awed by Mysore's ornate Maharaja's Palace
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||12||Duration||15 days|
|Themes||Explorer, Delicious Journeys, Explorer, Local Life|
|Category||Silver||The classic small group tour, with some included activities and staying at reasonably priced accommodation.|