Sri Lanka Family Holiday
Naturally gorgeous, culturally captivating and steeped in mysticism, Sri Lanka makes for a wonderful introduction to both travel and the Indian subcontinent. Discover temples carved from cliffs in Dambulla and fortresses built on boulders in Sigiriya. Cycle through peaceful scenes of village life and tour working tea plantations in the hill country around Bandarawela. Visit the country's most significant religious relic, the Temple of the Tooth, in Kandy, safari through Udawalawe National Park in search of leopards and monkeys, see baby elephants up close at a rescue centre and chill out by the beach in Mirissa. Educational, active and leisurely paced, this trip is everything you could want in a family getaway.
- Take in sweeping vistas of the outlying terrain from Sigiriya's rock-top fortress
- Spy elephants in their natural habitat at Uda Walawe National Park and see rescued infants up close at the onsite Elephant Transit Home
- As a family learn the steps of traditional Kandyan dance during lessons with the locals
- Soak up some beach time along the pristine, palm-fringed sands of Mirissa
- See Buddhaâs famous sacred tooth in Kandy, then watch out for the local monkeys as they hunt for snacks, drinks, trinkets â anything they can get their hands on!
- Canoe down the picturesque yet feisty Kelani River, pass where the famous âBridge over the River Kwaiâ was filmed, and enjoy watery fun surrounded by stunning forests
- After a fun and activity-filled Sri Lankan adventure, spend a few days relaxing on one of the countryâs most beautiful beaches
- Camp in an idyllic tea plantation
- Set out on a jeep safari through Uda Walawe National Park
- Relax on palm-fringed beaches
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||16||Duration||12 days|
|Themes||Family, Wildlife, Wildlife|
|Category||Silver||The classic small group tour, with some included activities and staying at reasonably priced accommodation.|