Sri Lanka Highlights & Maldives Honeymoon
Things to do:
- The Sigiriya rock fortress in Habanara is a must see. Built by King Kassapa in the 5th century, admire the majestic Lion's paw that guards the stairway on the summit.
- Enjoy a guided jeep safari in the Minneriya National Park, the elephants are the main attraction here.
- Visit Dambulla Cave Temple. This famous Golden Rock cave is a UNESCO Heritage site boasting amazing Buddhist mural paintings. It is the best preserved cave temple in Sri Lanka.
- Spend some time in the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, this organisation was set up by the government to care for baby elephants that were abandoned in the wild.
- Windsurf at the Kuredu Island Resort on your Sri Lanka and Maldives honeymoon.
- Group snorkelling lessons are available giving you the chance to admire the vibrant marine life.
Best time to travel:
Dec-Apr: Sri Lanka and the Maldives have very different seasons, so think about what you want to do before deciding when to go. Generally the best time to visit Sri Lanka is from January to March. The Maldives are hot and sunny for most of the year, with the monsoon season running from May to October. Even during those months the storms usually pass by quite quickly, and temperatures rarely go below 25°C.
- Price of accommodation is based on availability at the time of quotation
- Accommodation throughout as indicated or similar
- Meals and drinks as indicated
- All wildlife viewing by 4X4 vehicle shared with other guests, driven by a highly qualified
- naturalist guide
- All applicable hotel and lodge taxes
- Transfers as specified in the itinerary
- Flight from Colombo to Male
- Flights to Colombo & Male return in economy class
- Excess baggage charges levied by airlines
- Gratuities to driver/guides and other conveyance attendants.
- Items of a personal nature, unless otherwise noted
- Personal and baggage insurance
- Meals, drinks and laundry not specified in the itinerary
- Premium brand drinks, champagne, cognacs, cellar wines, cigars and cigarettes
- Sightseeing and excursions not specified in the itinerary