Taj Mahal Extension
Journey to India’s famous Taj Mahal, a majestic monument to love. Built by a Mughal emperor as tribute to his late wife, this incredible structure continually astounds visitors with its inspiring architecture and remains one of the world's finest examples of Islamic art. Beginning in Delhi, journey to Agra to see this iconic sight, enjoying plenty of sightseeing along the way. Watch the sun rise over the Taj before taking a trip to the magnificent sandstone Red Fort and experiencing the expansive deserted city of Fatehpur Sikri. Returning to Delhi, sample spicy curries and bargain at markets to get a feel for the unforgettable culture, colour and character of India.
- This Short Break Adventure runs three times a week, so pick the date that suits you and add it to other travels in India or enjoy it on a quick stopover.
- Experience the sights with up to 12 other travellers, however with an average of 2-5 travellers per departure you'll have all the benefits of being in a special small group.
- Local guides to show you the most important sites and then freedom to do as you wish the rest of the time.
- This trip is available in Original or Comfort levels of accommodation so you can choose what is best for you.
- Wander Old Delhi on a walking tour and be immersed in the sights and sounds of this thriving and historical part of the city.
- Choose between sunset or sunrise visits to the Taj Mahal and decide for yourself if this is indeed the most beautiful structure known to mankind. Read all about it before you go here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/taj-mahal-firsthand-account/
- Stop in at the mighty Agra fort and deserted city of Fatehpur Sikri - both important and impressive historical sights from Mughal times.
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||12||Duration||3 days|
|Themes||Short Breaks, Short Breaks, Showstoppers|
|Category||Silver||The classic small group tour, with some included activities and staying at reasonably priced accommodation.|