Thailand - Jewels and Gems of Lanna Tour 9 Days
Your Thailand itinerary begins in Bangkok where you enjoy an evening tour of the illuminated sites and lively night markets. We take you out of the city to a traditional floating market and on a paddle boat journey through a network of canals, stopping to visit picturesque temples and museums.
The wonders of the north are waiting to be explored as you fly to Chiang Rai, where you'll see priceless Buddhist relics, historical monuments and hill tribes with their unique traditions. Your journey continues as we take you to the fabled Golden Triangle to view ancient ruins and scenic panoramas while you experience local culture. Take a boat trip downstream to a traditional weaving village and cross into Laos to visit more local hill tribes. At your hotel, enjoy splendid views over the Mekong River.
Your travel adventure continues near the Laotian border, where you enjoy some of the region's most breathtaking natural scenery and visits to the area's local hill tribes. Traveling through the mountains, you'll experience lush forests, visit traditional shops and art galleries en route to historic cities such as Lampang, a large trading centre during the 19th Century. We will bring you to the world's first elephant hospital, a unique and memorable experience.
A drive down an old tree-lined highway brings you to the cultured city of Chiang Mai, where you immerse yourself in ancient Lanna culture and history as you visit historic temples, hill tribes and architectural gems. A special evening blessing ceremony by monks at Wat Doi Suthep is a perfect conclusion to your Thailand tour.
For second time visitors or those wishing to be immersed in the beautiful culture of the Lanna region, our Jewels and Gems of Lanna Thailand tour is the perfect journey.
BEGINS BANGKOK - ENDS CHIANG MAI
BANGKOK - CHIANG RAI - GHIANG KHONG - GOLDEN TRIANGLE - DOI PHATANG - PHU CHI FAH - CHIANG KHAM - BO KLUA - DOI PHU KHA NATIONAL PARK - PUA - NONG BUA - NAN - HUAI YUAK - CHIANG MUAN - PHRAE - LAMPANG - LAMPHUN - CHIANG MAI
Best Time to Travel
• Hotel accommodation in half-twin/double room with daily breakfast.
• Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner).
• Tours and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicles.
• English/French speaking local guide.
• All entrance fees as indicated in itinerary.
• Boat trips as mentioned in the itinerary.
• Visa arrangements.
• International and domestic flights (quoted separately) at time of booking to ensure you get the best fare.
• Meals other than mentioned above.
• Camera/video entrance fees.
• Personal expenses (drinks, laundry, telephone, tips etc).
• Travel insurance
• Other services not clearly indicated in the package inclusions above.