Thailand - Thailand Overland Tour 11 Days
BEGINS BANGKOK ENDS CHIANG SAEN
BANGKOK - AYUTHAYA - UTHAI THANI - PHITSANULOKE - SUKHOTHAI - SRI SATCHANALAI - CHIANG MAI - ELEPHANT CAMP - MAE KAMPONG - CHIANG RAI - MAE SAI - CHIANG SAEN
Best Time to Travel
Your journey begins in Bangkok where you will visit colorful temples and bustling Chinatown, tour historic waterways and explore the beautiful ruins of Ayuthaya.
Heading north at a gentle pace you will find the charms of rural Thailand but very few tourists. Your adventure into the past continues in Sukhothai, the former kingdom filled with thousands of ancient temples and priceless Buddhist sculptures. You will visit tranquil rice fields and fascinating ruins, strolling along peaceful river banks while stopping at vibrant local markets.
Heading further into north Thailand we bring you to Chiang Mai, where ancient wonders coexist with modern Thai style. Explore the city's Lanna culture and history, visiting local villages, markets, museums and glorious old temples. Your experiential travel adventure continues with elephant trekking, bamboo rafting and visits to local markets and traditional villages before we bring you back to your Chiang Mai hotel.
A day of intrigue follows at the infamous Golden Triangle, where you'll learn about the region's opium trade and get a closer look at Laos and Burma during a river boat ride. Your Asia travel adventure continues near the Laotian border when we bring you to a Chinese nationalist outpost in an area formerly off-limits. Relax in a local village before climbing to a border peak that offers breathtaking views over Laos. Your journey ends with a visit to lovely Chiang Rai.
- Accommodation in selected hotel
- Meals as mentioned (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner).
- English speaking guide
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees for mentioned visits
- Other meals than mentioned
- Other services than mentioned
- International and domestic flights priced at time of booking to get the best price.
- Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
- Travel insurance, tips, visa