Sri Lankan Highlights & Maldives
Things to do:
- The Sigiriya rock fortress in Habanara is a must see. Built by King Kassapa in the 5th century, admire the majestic Lion's paw that guards the stairway on the summit.
- Enjoy a guided jeep safari in the Minneriya National Park, the elephants are the main attraction here.
- Visit Dambulla Cave Temple. This famous Golden Rock cave is a UNESCO Heritage site boasting amazing Buddhist mural paintings. It is the best preserved cave temple in Sri Lanka.
- Spend some time in the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, this organisation was set up by the government to care for baby elephants that were abandoned in the wild.
- Windsurf at the Kuredu Island Resort on your Sri Lanka and Maldives honeymoon.
- Group snorkelling lessons are available giving you the chance to admire the vibrant marine life.
- Price of accommodation is based on availability at the time of quotation
- Accommodation throughout as indicated or similar
- Meals and drinks as indicated
- All wildlife viewing by 4X4 vehicle shared with other guests, driven by a highly qualified
- naturalist guide
- All applicable hotel and lodge taxes
- Transfers as specified in the itinerary
- Flight from Colombo to Male
- Flights to Colombo & Male return in economy class
- Excess baggage charges levied by airlines
- Gratuities to driver/guides and other conveyance attendants.
- Items of a personal nature, unless otherwise noted
- Personal and baggage insurance
- Meals, drinks and laundry not specified in the itinerary
- Premium brand drinks, champagne, cognacs, cellar wines, cigars and cigarettes
- Sightseeing and excursions not specified in the itinerary