Experience the stunning sights and tantalising tastes of Turkey on this two-week adventure that takes in all the highlights and then some. Become acquainted with illustrious Istanbul, behold landscapes like no other around Cappadocia, and sail the all-too-pretty islands off Kekova. Marvel at the ancient ruins of Ephesus, settle in for a spectacular soaking in Pamukkale’s thermal hot springs, and reflect on the tragedies and gallantries that took place along Gallipoli’s windswept peninsula. Brimming with history, bustling with progress and bursting with flavour, Turkey intrigues and delights at every turn of this perfectly paced small group adventure.
- Feast your eyes on Turkey's most spectacular and surreal sights, from the 'Cotton Castle' of Pamukkale to the psychedelic rockscapes of Cappadocia
- Enjoy a local lunch while sailing the Kekova islands. Spot underwater cities from above, then spend the afternoon snorkelling
- Your exploration of Derinkuyu is a walking tour with a twist. This astounding ancient city extends some 60 metres underground
- Forget about Greece or Italy – bliss out on the beaches of Fethiye. Here are some of the bluest waters you will find
- Pay your respects to the fallen at Gallipoli, a moving and educational experience regardless of your age or background
- Pay your respects to the fallen at Gallipoli.
- Take a dose of history - straight from the horse’s mouth - at legendary Troy
- Pay your respects to the fallen at Gallipoli
|Cultural||Physical||Max Group Size||12||Duration||15 days|
|Category||Gold||Trips for those who want a tonne of inclusions, better standard accommodation, larger roomier vehicles.|
Day 1 - Istanbul
Notes: If you can't arrange a flight that will have you arrive at the hotel by early evening, you may wish to arrive a day early, so you're able to attend. We'll be happy to book additional accommodation for you (subject to availability). If you're going to be late, please contact the hotel reception. For Monday departures we recommend you visit the magnificent opulence of Topkapi Palace on Day 1 as it is closed on Tuesday.
Day 2 - Beypazari
Notes: Total driving time today is approximately 5.5 hours.
Day 3 - Göreme
Notes: Remember to pack sturdy walking shoes or boots and a comfortable day pack today.
Day 4 - GÃ¶reme
Notes: The balloon trip can only be booked locally. Please speak to your trip leader on Day 1 to organise this.
Day 5 - Konya
Notes: As Konya is quite a religious area, it is best to dress to dress conservatively here to show your respect.