Wild, tropical and remote, think of Borneo as South-East Asia's answer to the Amazon. See orangutans swinging through the rainforest treetops in Semenggoh, weave through the vast Mulu cave systems and spend a night in a traditional Iban longhouse. Follow the Headhunters' Trail in Sarawak, wander along Kuching's riverside promenade and relax on golden-sand beaches in Kota Kinabalu.
- One of the last remaining truly wild places on earth, Borneo offers rare treats for the nature lover – see Orangutans at the Semenggoh Sanctuary and the quirky proboscis monkeys in Bako National Park
- Discover the colourful history of the Iban people and spend the night in a traditional longhouse with a local family
- Explore one of the world’s largest cave networks and witness a sunset hunting exodus of millions of bats, twisting through the sky like a plume of black smoke in Gunung Mulu National Park
- Follow in the infamous footsteps of tribal warriors on a trek through wild, dense jungle on the Headhunters’ Trail
- Spend the night in a traditional longhouse
- See Asia's longest underground river
- Follow the wild Headhunters' Trail
- Cool off in the waters near Kota Kinabalu
|Physical||Cultural||Max Group Size||12||Duration||10 days|
|Themes||Explorer, Wildlife, Local Life, Take a Hike, The Great Outdoors, Wildlife|
|Category||Silver||The classic small group tour, with some included activities and staying at reasonably priced accommodation.|
Day 1 - Kuching
Day 2 - Bako National Park
Notes: You’ll stay in basic National Park lodgings – fan cooled, multi shared rooms. Most visitors will only come to Bako on a day trip, so after 4pm you’ll have the beach to yourselves at a prime time for wildlife spotting and spectacular sunsets. This is the best time to be at Bako National Park, and why we prefer to stay overnight. Even if the accommodation is basic, it's worth it for this experience!
Day 3 - Kuching
Day 4 - Iban Longhouse
Day 5 - Mulu National Park
Notes: The maximum luggage allowance for today’s flight is 15kg. Excess weight will incur an extra cost to the traveller, not Intrepid.