A kaleidoscope of ancient temples, colonial buildings and office blocks, Delhi is India’s chaotic capital city.
Things to Do in Delhi
- Hear Sufi singing from Nizamuddin Daragh. Every Thursday evening soft religious song emerges from the courtyard of the tomb of the Muslim Saint Auliya.
- Go shopping at Khan Market. Browse fashionable boutiques, cheap tailors, and small shops selling all kinds of handicrafts. After stop for a chai at Café Turtle.
- Go for a stroll around Lodi Gardens. Home to crumbling mosques, a rainbow of birds and some tasty restaurants, these gardens are great a place for escaping the city hustle.
- Take a day trip to Agra to see the famous Taj Mahal. The world's most beautiful tomb, this architectural wonder is on every India hit list.
Best Time to Visit
Oct-Mar: The weather is cooler and dry, however it can get a little chilly in December and January, especially at night. Delhi has three distinct seasons: rainy season from July to September, dry season October to February, and hot season from May to June. Given the heat and humidity, it’s best avoid Delhi from May to August.
Visit around March for the Holi Festival, where locals celebrate spring by throwing water and brightly coloured powder at each other – feel free to join in!
Celebrate India’s Independence Day on the 15th of August. Featuring flag ceremonies, costumes and colour, this national holiday is a real spectacle.
Why we love it
- Total Feedback:4507
- Excellent Approval Rating:98.5%
Nonetheless, we used GoHop in the past and decided to use again to have the same reliable experience.