India’s smallest state, Goa is tropical south India with a Portuguese twist. Goa holidays are ideal for unwinding, offering travellers palm-fringed beaches and a relaxed pace of life.
Things to Do in Goa
- Lounge on Palolem Beach. Soft sands, swaying palm trees, and schools of dolphins make this a traveller favourite. It can get crowded in high season however, so head to Agonda Beach instead.
- Sample some spicy seafood at Martin’s Corner. Incredibly delicious and surprisingly cheap, this place serves some of the best seafood curries around.
- Have a drink at Anthony’s Beach Shack. This beachside bar and restaurant provides a beautiful backdrop, a laidback atmosphere and frequent live music.
- Roam around Old Goa. Sometimes called the "Rome of the East", Old Goa is loaded with colonial architecture, fascinating museums and beautiful churches, including the magnificent Basilica of Bom Jesus.
Best Time to Visit
Nov-Feb: The weather should be warm, without being uncomfortably hot. Christmas can be a great time to see the place really come to life (although there's pretty much always something going on here!). Goa tends to remain hot all year with average temperatures between 25°C and 30°C. Rainy season runs from late May to early October and it best to avoid these months.
Check out the Goa Heritage Festival in January. Five days showcasing Goa's rich culture through all kinds of handicrafts, traditional dance and delicious Goan cuisine - this festival is perfect for experiencing Goa's unique heritage.
Witness Portuguese culture at its most exciting at Goa's Carnival. Usually held around late February / March, Carnival is a three day extravaganza of pageantry and partying.
Visit Goa around March for the Hindi Shigmo Festival. Spanning over a fortnight, Shigmo is an exhilarating festival of street parties, parades, and colourful floats.
Why we love it“Goa is easily one of my favourite beach destinations, you just can't beat the gorgeous beaches and the stunning scenery. Be sure to drop by Ingo's Saturday Night Bazaar.”
Andre Migliarina, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback: 5,254
- Excellent Approval Rating: 99.00%