Mumbai is India’s most vibrant, cosmopolitan city where entertainment comes to life in a big way. Mumbai holidays are all about Bollywood tours, dynamic nightlife and tropical wildlife.
Things to Do in Mumbai
- Visit the Hindu and Buddhist caves at Elephanta Island and get a snap of the wild monkeys - but be careful, they are not afraid of stealing anything they deem desirable from you!
- Head to Bollywood Tours on Manohar Das Street for the best Bollywood tour in Mumbai. The tour guides are really well connected and will get you onto exciting sets and shows.
- Our top picks for intriguing sights have to be the Gateway of India, Malabar Hill and the magnificent Prince of Wales museum.
- Sample the exotic street dish Bhel Puri at the colourful stalls of Chowpatty Beach or on Marine Drive, famous for its twinkling lights, palm trees and glorious sunsets.
Best Time to Visit
Nov-Feb: Probably the best time to book your Mumbai holidays, when temperatures can drop to 18°C. It can get uncomfortably hot and clammy during other times of the year, so this can make any outdoor trips a lot easier to manage. Mumbai has a complex climate which sees a lot of extremes, the only constant being the humidity.
Temperatures are highest in May at 40°C and the summer months of March to May tend to be unbearably warm for tourists. It’s generally better to avoid the monsoon months of June to September as streets can become waterlogged after torrential downpours.
Despite temperatures starting the rise again, the Holi Festival in March, a Hindu celebration, is an amazing time to holiday in Mumbai. The city comes alive with colourful splashes of paint, bonfires, dancing and singing. Prepare to be colour bombed!
Another great time to for a holiday in Mumbai is during the Bananga Festival in Malabar Hill which takes place in January every year. This two-day musical extravaganza showcases the finest of Mumbai’s heritage, traditions and culture.
Why we love it
“Mumbai is a great destination for anyone interested in Bollywood films. Although the city’s splendid colonial architecture means history lovers with enjoy a city tour too.”
Andre Migliarina, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback: 6
- Excellent Approval Rating: 33.33%