Sri Lanka Holidays
Renowned as the “Pearl of the Indian Ocean”, Sri Lanka boasts beautiful beaches, ancient ruins, exotic wildlife, and a delicious cuisine. Sri Lanka holidays are bursting with colour and charm.
Things to Do in Sri Lanka
- Embrace Sri Lanka’s spiritual side by visiting Buddha’s sacred Bodhi Tree in Anuradhapura, the Temple of the Tooth in Kandy and the ancient site of Sigiriya – Lion’s Rock.
- Be sure to visit the Elephant Transit Home in Ath Athuru Sevena, where you can watch orphaned baby elephants being fed and bathed.
- Shop for gemstones, handicrafts, spices and silver jewellery at the markets in Colombo.
- Treat your taste buds to the delicious flavours of spicy Sri Lankan curry. Although be warned, some can be extremely hot!
Best Time to Visit
Jun-Aug or Dec-Mar: Either of these periods would be the best time of year to visit Sri Lanka, as it would be during the dry seasons. It is quite hot all year, so always be prepared for high humidity and temperatures. May and November tend to experience the most rain, so consider yourself warned!
Take a trip in July / August for the Esala Perahera. A ten day festival of colour and chaos held in Sri Lanka’s capital Kandy brimming with bedazzled elephants, fire-eaters, drummers, dancers and torchbearers.
Visit during the full moon in May and celebrate the Vesak Festival. This when the people of Sri Lanka celebrate the birth of Buddha in a festival of devotional song, paper lanterns and free food.
Why we love it“I love Sri Lanka. Its beaches, national parks, culture, heritage sites, friendly people and cooking make Sri Lanka a truly unique destination. I believe you should discover the “Pearl of the Indian Ocean” sooner rather than later.”
Andre Migliarina, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback:4504
- Excellent Approval Rating:48.5%