Canada is the second biggest country in the world and is also home to the longest street on earth, Yonge street. The geographic diversity of the country and its incredibly friendly locals attract millions of visitor’s year after year.
Why Canada Honeymoons?
Canada is considered one of the best countries in the world to live in. The country boasts mountain ranges dotted with glaciers, stunning prairies, lakes, rivers and of course bustling cities. A Canada honeymoon can be filled with romance by visiting Nova Scotia and enjoying a seafood dinner or you can even visit the famous prairie village of ‘Love’ in Saskatchewan.
Things For Couples To Do
- Whale watching is something you have to do on a Canada honeymoon. The British Columbia coast has one of the highest population of Orcas in the world. The best time to spot these majestic creatures is between April - October.
- Canada has more lakes than the rest of the world combined. Many people like to effortlessly float on their backs in Little Manitou Lake, this lake has a mineral density three times saltier than the ocean.
- The famous Stanley Park is a great place for a romantic walk together. This opened in 1888 and became Vancouver’s first park. There are roughly half a million trees and 27 kilometres of forest trails, it is bigger than New York's Central Park.
- Dinosaur valley in Alberta is a must see attraction on your Canada honeymoon, the first dinosaurs were excavated here in the 1800's. The Royal Tyrrell Museum on site gives you the chance to learn more about the areas fascinating history.
- The views from the top of the CN tower in Toronto are simply stunning. If you are brave enough you and your newlywed could even try the towers Edge Walk, which is situated 1168 ft. above ground!
Best Time To Visit
April – May: Temperatures are roughly 10-15 degrees at this time of year, the perfect temperature for sightseeing on a Canada honeymoon. However, it can be a lot colder in the evenings, so pack accordingly. Hotel prices will also be lower at this time of year as the summer crowds have not arrived yet.
Visiting Canada during the summer gives you plenty of choices for entertainment. The summer season boasts many festivals to be enjoyed by all. Some of the larger cities host Jazz festivals in late June/ early July, many other music festivals take place around this time of year. Expect crowds, as this is the most popular tourism season.
Many people also choose to visit in August. The warmer weather can still be found in September and the hotel prices begin to decrease as winter approaches. There will be less crowds at this time of year as the summer tourists will have returned home.
Why We Love Canada Honeymoons
“I love the lifestyle in Canada. My favourite trips were hiking in the Rockies in the summer and skiing in the winter. I would definitely recommend a trip to Niagara Falls if you are in Toronto or a trip to Victoria Island if you are in Vancouver. If you are in Churchill, head to the Lazy Bear Lodge to see the polar bears.”
Orla Tooher, Senior Travel Consultant